Tuesday 30 August 2011

Why (he) blogs


In mid-2007, when I started blogging over there, I detailed the reason why I was doing it: in essence, I had some free time, and decided to give blogging a try. Never really thought I'd stick to it. But it turns out I did stick to it, and the reason is simple: writing---instead of just "thinking"---forces you to discipline and organize your thought. The reason I'm getting back at this right now, is because I found a great blog post that gives you a great couple of other reasons to blog. Following the one I already mentioned, here's the one that most resonated with me:
Blogging is a bit like public speaking, and people are scared of it for good reason. You are really putting yourself out there. 

If you do it right, you will stay stupid things every now and then. You will piss people off.  It's scary at first to hit Publish and push your ideas into the public sphere. 

In the process though you will learn how to live with a thick skin and how to confidently state your opinion. You will also come to be more zen about putting yourself out there in general. In my opinion, these skills are essential for good entrepreneur and hard to learn elsewhere.
Have fun reading.

0 replies:

Post a Comment

If your browser automagically eats up your comment, you have 3rd party cookies disabled. More info here.

 
 
Copyright © erroneous thoughts
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com